Harvest Season Information
We look forward to serving you and steering through another prosperous vintage.
Below is an informative guideline to help you navigate the hectic harvest.
Your Primary Harvest Season Contact
Winemaker Jenn Zeek-Sweet will be your primary contact and will be scheduling all grape deliveries.
Please feel free to reach out to Jenn as early as possible to discuss estimated ripening of specific blocks that might affect delivery dates, and more.
What to know
Please make note of the following:
Be sure all written protocols have been delivered to the winemaking staff one week prior to scheduling deliveries. No processing will be done without a written protocol.
We will not have shaded areas or warehouse space available to hold fruit. It is imperative that we adhere to delivery schedules.
- Deliveries will only be accepted in ½ ton macro bins and 2-ton gondolas.
- See Grape Scale Deliveries below for more information
All visiting client winemakers and staff should check in upon arrival with our winemaking staff. This office is located on the first floor, south entrance of the main building.
- Monday— Friday: 5 a.m. —5 p.m.
- Saturday: 7 a.m. — 5 p.m.
- Sunday: By appointment only.
Grape Scale Delivery
Info & Hours
SCHEDULE DELIVERIES IN ADVANCE
Schedule deliveries and when en route to the winery. Rack & Riddle in Geyserville has easy access and plenty of turnaround space.
- Please call if you have to report any problems with an expected delivery or if you need any assistance.
- Deliveries must be scheduled 72-hours ahead, along with estimated time of delivery to the winery.
WEIGH SCALE HOURS
The weigh scale is open from:
- Monday—Friday: 5 a.m. — 3 p.m.
- Saturday: 7 a.m. — 3 p.m.
- Sunday: By appointment only
If the delivery is late, we must get a call ahead and cannot guarantee weigh or processing that day.
ALL grape deliveries go to:
Rack & Riddle
4001 HWY 128
Learn more about how we can assist you with sparkling or still wine production. We're here to help.